My mom is amazing with a sewing machine, no matter how much she says she is not. A while back I gave my Mom several yards of material that I wanted made into some type of quilt. I can sew, but I am unable to get my pieces to go together the way my Mom does, that and I am impatient. Usually when I am working on something I want it to be done right away which causes me to make mistakes. My Mom though, she's got patience. Maybe it comes from raising seven kids or helping Dad run a business and keeping the house running. Maybe it was growing up in a family of 12.... who knows, she just has patience.

This is Alex's quilt. They are almost the same except that one has a blue back and the other has a red back. Jack's has the blue back. I will never understand how my Mom gets the corners on the patchwork quilts to line up so perfectly. She herself said it was a technique that she learned from my recently departed Aunt Yvonne.

Whatever the method or however my Mom does it, these quilts came out beautiful.

So this is the end product of the several yards of material I had given her who knows how long ago.
2 comments:
Love them!!! Thanx for posting them for me!!
Your mom is really talented. She did a few rows of quilitng on my very late wedding quilt that we barely have up and her stitches were so small. I commented on them to her and she said they are not as small as she would like them to be, like Aunt Yvonne's.
The quilts are so great. I think I'm with you though I don't have the patience to make sure they are all squared away. I like to do things fast and quilting is not one of those things you should do fast!
Oh yah I love the flower to withstand all torments. It will be the strongest flower there is to withstand a two year old.
Post a Comment