Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring must be coming soon

Spring must be on its way otherwise my children would not be so eager to get their bikes out of the shed and keep them in the garage so they are handier to get to.

101_3472

Today was still just a bit chilly, but the kids were more than ready to get outside and ride around the driveway on their bikes. Alex seems to have taken a bigger interest in it this year than in previous years. Usually, he does what jack does and this time he was content to stay outside and ride his bike rather then come inside and play games on the computer when Jack grew tired of the outdoors.

101_3474

They thought it was the coolest thing to ride without using their hands. Sans the training wheels, it would have been amazing, but we cheer and clap just the same because I’m excited that they are excited about doing more than staying in and watching TV. If they are outside for at least two hours then I am a happy camper.

101_3478

Alex still wears his riding gear thank goodness, but I can’t get Jack to put his on anymore except the helmet. I guess I should be happy he at least has that on so we don’t get another broken head. They both fall and get back up and I haven’t heard them cry yet, so I think we are still okay.

101_3493

Alex was really putting his helmet to the test. One of the times I went to check on him he was banging his head against a metal pole, I guess just checking to see that the helmet actually worked.

No comments: