I guess it’s official. My oldest son has graduated kindergarten. I was so scared for him that he just wasn’t ready for all the things they told me they would have to accomplish in kindergarten like reading, writing, and math. I swear when I was in kindergarten we didn’t learn any of that. I think it was mostly cutting and coloring. These kids are amazing at how fast they learn.
Jack’s class held a little Writer’s Workshop and Mini-Graduation a couple of days before the actual end of school. I think it may have been like that due to scheduling conflicts in other classes. Anyway, one parent was allowed to participate due to limits on room in the class. We sat down with our respective child and had them read a story that they wrote themselves to us. They had to have an interesting opening sentence and it must be in sequential order as well as being illustrated. I will post his story in a separate entry because I think it is just too cute not to share.
After we were done we switched to a total of four more children and did the same thing. His classmates are just adorable and I made sure to sit with a couple of his friends. His teacher, Mrs. Korom was kind enough to take our picture together.
Afterwards, Mrs. Korom handed out the graduation certificates along with a scrapbook that had all the neat things they did throughout the year. My favorite part was the picture taken in the beginning of the year and another taken at the end. You can see him change from the little baby faced kindergartener to a full fledged first grader. *sniff*
His certificate and scrapbook.
After the ceremony cookies and juice were served. This is Jack with a few of his friends goofing around. The one on the far right is actually the son of one of Andy’s high school classmates. Small world.
This is Jack with his friend Luke who is not only in his class, but also rides the bus with him and lives nearly right behind us.
I was excited to get a picture of Jack with his teachers. Mrs. Korom (on the left) was his actual teacher and Mrs. Bonilla (on the right) was the full time teacher assistant. His class had 28 children so I was really excited that Mrs. B was hired on as a full time assistant. It was like having two classes that were being taught together.
Congratulations to my little boy. I cannot believe he is already finished with one year of school. It went by so fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment