It has finally happened! Both my children are officially in school. Technically Alex only goes three days a week for 3 hours, but it is still somewhere outside of house learning things. He has been so excited and still cried when Jack got on the bus and went to school without him. Today was finally his turn and I raced home from work early just to be able to take him to his first day.
I remembered the pictures I took of Jack that day at pre-school and wanted to get the same for Alex. I thought it would be neat to compare how they looked. I had thought Jack looked a little older, but I think that is my mind putting in how he looks now instead of how he looked then.
Jack seemed more excited in the picture, but Alex actually was the one who was the most eager to be going to school.
Mrs. McNeil hasn’t changed in the two years since Jack had her as his teacher. I think she may even be wearing the same shoes and pants. The best part about Alex is that he actually likes for me to take his picture whereas Jack could care less and sometimes doesn’t like it at all.
Alex asked me if he was going to learn things at school and I told him that he would learn his letters and numbers and hear stories. I asked him how high he could count and he got all the way to thirteen without a mistake. He did nearly the same thing with the entire ABC song, but got a little confused on some of the letters. I think he will do just fine in school.
I took the dog with me to pick Alex up and we stopped by his Grandma and Grandpa’s so he could inform them of his day at school. We then headed home and got there just in time to see Jack’s bus drop him off. So it is finally official, my kids are growing up.
No comments:
Post a Comment