Sunday, October 16, 2011

Autumn Harvest

So we had a fairly pleasant day on Saturday and decided to go ahead and gather up the rest of what was growing in our garden before the weather gets truly terrible and cold. I have to say that I was a little shocked by what we were able to gather because it has been a bit colder and I thought most of my plants had stopped producing. I think the pumpkins make it look like more than there actually is, but we still got a pretty good haul.

101_5105

We got a total of seven good pumpkins, five watermelons, one ginormous zucchini that had hidden itself for quite awhile, and numerous peppers, dwarf eggplants, and small tomatoes.

101_5106

How this zucchini was able to hide is beyond me. I think I just thought there would be no more plants so I stopped searching for them.

101_5108

Now I just have to figure out what to do with all of the produce because there is no way we will be able to eat it all.

No comments: