I would love to say that our lives have been full of many wondrous adventures that have kept me so busy that I have not found the time between to even attempt updating my blog, but sadly this is not the case. We have, however, been extremely busy with the everyday.
I am incredibly happy to report that my wonderful husband, Andy, has finally moved from sunny San Diego to live with us and neither myself nor the kids could be more thrilled. It was a very long and lonely winter here without him and just as we have awaited summer to arrive, we also were impatiently waiting for the day Daddy would too.
I flew down to Las Vegas where Andy picked me up from the airport after driving five hours from San Diego so I could accompany him the rest of the drive to Wisconsin. We could have taken longer, but besides the Rockies there is really not much for scenery from Colorado on. I did try to document our trip in photos out the car window whenever I saw something that caught my eye, but again, most of these pictures were taken in Arizona, Utah and the first part of Colorado. We did not get to see any family along the way because of the route that we chose, but we did manage to stop and see Mori’s miniature horse and his two dogs.
Some of the views on the drive were just fantastic. I was a little disappointed when we drove through the Rockies because it was a little snowy and rainy and not very pleasant at all. I cannot get over how beautiful America is.
The first few are taken in Utah and then Colorado.
This one reminds me of a Bev Doolittle painting of the painted horse.
This is my own AT&T commercial. I got five bars.
A nuclear power plant in Northern Illinois.
Finally! Welcome to Wisconsin!
It was great finally pulling into our own driveway after three days of driving. Even better when we pulled into Andy’s parents driveway ( they weren’t expecting us for another two days) and saw the kids come running out to see their parents after being away for so long.
This was just the first step in our ever increasing busy schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment