Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

 

We have a funny story about our anniversary that has seemingly made its way into tradition though not on purpose. The whole reason we were married on November first was that it was exactly a year from the day we met. My thinking was that it would make it easier to remember if we had a date that held more than one memory for us. It does work. I remember my anniversary no problem and so does my husband… that is, until the actual day of our anniversary. We always say we will plan something special or go out to dinner, but inevitably we end up exhausted and busy at the end of a long day and completely forget the entire thing. On November 2nd we usually both remember and then go out to dinner. For the first five years this was the scenario every single time.

Finally, this year we managed to break the cycle, but not without a little help. My Mom posted a Happy Anniversary post on my Facebook wall a day early, which I happened to read the day of, so I had time to go out (it was my day off) and preplan a nice steak dinner at home. I had thought about going out, but like normal just didn’t feel up to it and what better way to celebrate then with my family? So we had a nice dinner and even a little visit from Andy’s brother Mark.

I can hardly believe that it has been six wonderful years since I married my husband. It certainly doesn’t seem like so much time has passed, yet everyday I am reminded of our time spent together just by looking at our two precious boys. Andy is a fantastic father and a great husband. He makes me laugh and is my best friend. There is no one else I would rather spend my time with. Our boys can’t get enough of him and he is like a big child himself when he plays with them. It has definitely not always been easy, but it has always been worth it.

family photos 008

One month into our marriage.

DSC_0070

A little over one year.

P1070194redo

Two years  and one and three quarters kids.

129

Three years and our family is complete.

100_3201

Four years together.

101_1239

Just over five years. (Weird, I have very few pictures of Andy and together.)

2 comments:

Clorinda said...

Cool photo blog of the years passing. Congratulations!

Amaryllis said...

Beautiful!