I can’t help it. I LOVE the Christmas holiday. I like shopping for gifts for people, especially my kids, and even though every year I say we will not get them very much because they already have so much, I can’t help myself and neither can my husband. It becomes much easier at this time of year to throw the threat of Santa not showing up in order to make my children behave. It also is so much fun to see the joy in their tiny little faces when they look through the toy catalog and pick out the things that they wish for Christmas.
I love to hear the Christmas music, though not constantly because everyone needs a break from that, and enjoy the mood it puts people in when they hear it too. I like that sometimes when I am by myself I will start singing a Christmas song in my head and even though I don’t know all the words it still puts me in a Christmassy mood.
Above all else though, I love the decorations. I love putting up the tree and I love putting up my Christmas village and I love driving down the street and seeing all the decorations other people have put up in their yards and all the different lights that turn an ordinary dark night into a winter land of color. I love seeing Christmas trees lit up through the windows in people’s houses and the big blow up Santa’s and Snowmen that are so popular now in the front yards. I saw a 20 foot snowman I wouldn’t mind tying between the two trees in my front yard at Menards and had to hold myself back from actually purchasing it.
The hardest part of the holiday is when I see other people putting up their lights and their trees and Halloween has only just passed and Thanksgiving has yet to arrive. I always think to myself what difference would it really make if I put my decorations up before Thanksgiving happened, but then I have to remind myself that it really isn’t right to rush through a holiday as important, but seemingly forgotten as Thanksgiving. So I refrain from putting up the decorations and give Thanksgiving it due respect and remember that Christmas will come in its own time.
Now, however, it is two days after Thanksgiving and all bets are off. I have my tree up and decorated and the stockings are hung along with a couple of wreaths on the door. I am trying to take my time this year and spread it out a little so I don’t get overwhelmed and tire myself out like I sometimes tend to do. Tomorrow I will work on my village and finish hanging the garland as well as the miscellaneous lights in the windows.
Christmas is here
Be of good cheer
La la la la
Merry merry merry Christmas
Merry merry merry Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment