Sunday, June 10, 2012

Raccoon Romp

This will be a mostly pictorial post as I was not present for the happenings here, but I will do my best to describe the proceeding events.

The boys (Andy, Jack, and Alex) all participated in a Cub Scout event called Raccoon Romp which is a two night sleepover with lots of fun activities planned for the boys to earn their badges. Now Alex technically isn’t a Cub Scout yet, but they have been nice enough to let him participate which makes living with him so much easier.

20120602_124152[1]

This is the one and only picture I took when I had to deliver some forgotten items to the boys.

100_6314

When I was there the boys were out doing compass and mapping of some sort.

100_6320

Jack using his compass.

100_6328

The park they were at, Muskego Park, is actually a very nice large park. Plenty of places for camping, hiking and even fishing.

100_6330

The boys have their own little fishing poles and tackle boxes.

100_6334

There were obstacle courses and games to play.

100_6337

Again, thank goodness they were kind enough to let little Alex play with them.

100_6340

Andy said Alex became somewhat of the camp mascot. Everybody loved him and thought he was funny. He was even allowed to stand up and tell his own made up ghost story for everyone to hear.

100_6341

Of course there was also swimming. The boys have been here before with their Grandma. So they were no strangers to the swimming part.

100_6344

I think they had a really good time and they were completely worn out by the time they got home.

100_6347100_6348

There was also some time for sand pyramids and sand Sphinxes.

100_6352

When all was said and done there was a lot of happiness to be had and a lot of sand to be washed out of clothes and cleaned out of tents. of course, that was my job.

No comments: