So remember the patio set that we purchased in the not so distant past? Well, we have just gotten around to cutting up the boxes for the recycle pickup, but they would not all fit in the tiny receptacle so we had one box left over. Being as they are fairly ginat boxes, I made a command decision to keep the last box and use it as a little club house for the boys.
It works really well as the box itself is very sturdy. I taped the two larger flaps togoether to form a roof and then folded the other shorter sides to fit in so there would be no opening. i then cut out a door and a window so the boys could go in and out without climbing.
They love it! They are so cute when they play inside. Jack calls it his house and he plays with his toys in it and if you are lucky, he'll invite you in for tea. I have to say this is one of my better ideas. It keeps them entertained for hours at a time and when it is not a nice day to play outside, it gives them something to do other then watch television. We even decorated it with crayons by putting a little fence around it and drawing shingles for the roof.
2 comments:
That brings back memories. My brother and I had more fun with boxes than anything that ever came in them. We used to build castles and bases for our action figures.
Alas, the box did not survive the week. I had to cut it into strip after Jack demolished it by jumping on it, flipping it over, and climbing on top which crushed the roof. Neither seemed to miss it.
Post a Comment