It seems like everyday or every week at least, something happens to poor little Alex. It seems that just as soon as he heals from one wound, he is on to the next. Today was one of those days.
Afte work I came home and Jack wanted to go outside and play. He was in and out for a few hours, as was Alex, until his daddy came home with some Taco Bell. Jack wanted to eat his taco in his 'house', which is actually the little platform on his play set. I said it was okay so he took his taco up there to eat. Well, as we all know, Alex is very adept at climbing that thing and he made his way up there. No big deal. he's done it before and he just cries when he wants down.
This time I don't think he made it onto the platform before I heard him start crying. I ran outside because it was one of those "I'm hurt" cries. I found him laying on the ground at the base of the ladder screaming. I asked Jack what happened and he said Alex fell. Then he said he pushed him. He said Alex was trying to get his taco so he pushed him. I went a little nuts and yelled at jack and sent him to his room crying. He was not allowed out for about an hour.
Alex calmed down and i checked to make sure he hadn't broken any bones or fractured his skull. Andy checked for bleeding in his eyes, nose and ears (his EMT traing comes in handy a lot more now). Nothing out of the ordinary except a big welt on Alex's forehead from hitting one of the rungs of the ladder and a scratch on the side of his cheek from scraping the support beam on the ground. This boy has a guardian angel... and it's not me. He must have fallen about five feet onto the ground. I am foreseeing a lot of ER visits in the future.
All is well in the end. Perhaps Jack learned his lesson not to push...EVER, and Alex is wiser for knowing not to go after Jack's tacos. Meanwhile, Mommy's schoolwork suffers.
No comments:
Post a Comment