Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Growing too fast!


Alex does not even seem like my littlest baby anymore. He is so grown up looking and looks more and more like a little boy rather than a little baby anymore. He can do so much more now then he could a month ago much less a year. Now the time is almost here for him to enter the terrible two's. I think that they are named this not so much for the way he will act but because of the horrible age that you realize your baby is no longer your baby anymore, but a child with a mind of his own ready to go out and conquer the world.. or at least the back yard.

He has learned how to undress himself and to put his pants on by himself. He understands and follows directions (sometimes) when I tell him to put his toys away or his clothes, shoes, etc. He knows that when Mommy puts on her shoes that he must find his if he is able to escape to a world that is different then that he is used to. He has added new words to his vocabulary like tur-tur (turtle) and ear and eye and toe, yet is still smart enough that he knows he doesn't have to say too much because Mommy and Daddy and brother will understand what he means and will get him things without having to use words.

He is a smart little boy that is trailing right on the heals of his brother trying to mimic and learn from him. He likes what he likes but likes what is in his brother's hand more. He is not too old to throw himself on the floor for a tantrum, but is too old for Mommy to rock him like a baby (unless he is hurt). He thinks he is the most hilarious comedian the world has to offer and I tend to agree even though I don't know what he is laughing at most of the time. He loves the tickle monster and being chased. He loves to be picked up by his ears (he grabs onto my arms and hauls himself up while I hang onto his ears) and he loves to go outside and get dirty.

He is the smallest thing in the house with the biggest amount of love to give and receive. He is growing up and all I have are pictures to remember how little and cute and helpless he was.

At least he still lets me hug and kiss him and tuck him into bed at night.

1 comment:

Amaryllis said...

He is getting so big!!!!
I know exactly what you mean. Watching these little babies start to understand what you are saying ,doing what you ask them to do, and thinking on their own, is one of the hardest things to come to grips with. I love that my kids can do things for themselves, but I do miss the cuddles and baby loves...