As of the 17th of January I am completely finished with school and can now say I have an Associates Degree in Accounting. It took approximately two years of nonstop classes and most of my sanity and patience to get it all done. I had originally intended to use this degree in the hopes of being able to obtain a new job in a new city as we had been planning on moving from San Diego for awhile and I had no way of knowing whether or not it would be with or without Southwest Airlines, which is where I currently work. So I decided tog et my degree and hope for the best.
Of course about half way through, Southwest announced the opening of Milwaukee and I no longer needed the degree, but was so far through it I didn’t want to give up. So now I am finished, which feels amazing because I have way more time to spend on other things I care more about, like my children and husband.
Now what? Well, I see it as my backup plan in case (knock on wood) something ever happens to my wonderful job at Southwest. I also see where it can help me advance with my current job. Someday there may come a time when I will be happy to give up my face to face time with my passengers and be content to sit behind a desk from 9 to 5 and type away on a computer doing payroll and balancing reports, so when that time comes then I will be fully prepared.
Until then I will continue to spend all my free time with my children and catch up on my scrapbooking and card making, both of which have suffered severely the last two years.
So, although I am thankful for the fact that I can now say I have a college degree, being done only means that I have my time back and a huge student loan to pay off.
No comments:
Post a Comment