The best part about the snow has got to be the amount of fun that can be had from sledding. I am not much of an outdoors type person, and even less so in the winter time, but this is just too much fun to skip. This was the first year that Alex got to go sledding and only the second time that Jack has been able to go and we had a blast!
Mark, Andy, Jack, Alex and I headed out to Calhoun Hill which is built specifically for sledding and has two massive hills that make for some fast and ridiculously good fun. Jack went down with his Uncle Mark first just to get the hang of it, but from that point on he was on his own by sheer force of his own will. He did so good and had so much fun he hardly wanted to leave. He even trudged up the hill after every slide down carrying his own tube.
Andy took Alex with him on his first sled ride and, only because I was nervous to let him go by himself, Alex went with someone down the hill all but twice. The first time he went by himself it was from halfway up the hill and his Uncle Mark, who has better aim then me, let him go where I was at the bottom to catch him. The second time I was the one who let him go from halfway up the hill and because of my poor aim he hit a jump and bounced right off his snow tube and bit his lip.
Poor thing, I was sure he would want to sit out the rest of the time in the van where it was warm and safe. When I asked him if he wanted to go to the van he looked at me with tears in his eyes and blood on his lip and said “Again!”
Needless to say, he went down with someone each time after that.
Jack all by himself.
Alex and his Daddy.
Probably the most fun was when we all got onto our snow tubes and formed a chain and went down the hill all together. For those who have ever done this, it is a fairly terrifying and completely fun thing to do. I was lucky enough to be able to hold onto my camera while we were going down the hill and captured the speed and craziness and a little of my fright in the 14 seconds it took us to get from the top to the bottom.
Please forgive the tiny screams as I was a tad bit frightened for my life and had Alex on my lap as well as holding the camera and the other snow tubes. FUN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment