Truly the best part about living in New Berlin is that even though we live in a city of 48,000 people it feels as though we are in the country. It is truly amazing that you can get up in the morning and look out the front window and see wild animals just walking by.
This is the yard across the street from us. I was talking to my husband in the kitchen and movement out the window caught my eye. So I of course called the kids so they could look and immediately found my camera to take pictures. It happens all the time, especially now since it is springtime, but it still never ceases to amaze me.
There were four of them wandering through the neighbors yard. I ran outside as quietly as I could so that I could get a better picture and this one deer seemed to be just about as curious of me as I was of him. ( I say him, because the bucks don’t have their antlers yet and I couldn’t tell if it was male or female.)
He is at the edge of the street. The fence in the picture is right behind our mailbox. He stood there for a full minute before running of with his deer buddies.
You can tell it is the beginnings of Spring because we are starting to see all the colorful birds come back out as well. This cardinal and another were hanging out on the side of our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment