Andy has been slowly putting together AR15 that he has purchased parts for separately for about the last year or so. He finally got it just the way he wants it and has taken it out to the range at work a couple of times. The boys are so interested in Daddy’s gun that they love just to sit around with him and watch him clean it. They like to pretend they are helping and all the while Andy is teaching them about being safe with firearms.
When not in use, Andy keeps the guns locked up in a hard side gun case, so the little boys aren’t tempted. I know that Andy is just waiting for the day when he can take our little boys to the range to shoot some guns!
1 comment:
That's a nice-looking gun! One thing I like about the AR-15 is how customizable it is. (I saw a video demonstrating an "upper" that made an AR-15 into a literal muzzle-loader!)
With regards to child safety, one website gives advice that I intend to use when I can finally afford guns. It's:
http://corneredcat.com
The advice is, basically, to do everything you can to make guns "boring" and "ordinary"; also occasionally demonstrate (via watermellons) what guns can do to you.
Enjoy your gun!
Post a Comment