We had our Fourth of July celebration a little early because I had to work on the weekend, but Andy grilled and the boys swam in their little blow up pool in the back yard. It has only been recent that the weather has been warm enough to fill it up and let them play without them freezing.
They had a lot of fun. Alex didn’t get the concept of swim trunks, so he was trying his best to not get wet, but when he did he went to pull them off and change. I tried to get him to swim with just his trunks without his swim diaper and that lasted for awhile, but he eventually pulled his trunks off.
Once he finally got completely naked, he was like a fish in the water. I sprayed him down with sun block so his little white behind wouldn’t get sunburned and he spent the next couple of hours in the pool. When Jack got out to take a bath, Alex followed suit, but then after the bath he went right back into the pool. We finally had to drag him kicking and screaming back into the house in order for him to take a nap. By the time he fell asleep he was completely wiped out. He slept clear through to the next morning.
I think I will let him swim more often.
No comments:
Post a Comment