As I was sitting on my couch playing on my computer and talking on the phone with my sister, my two year old, who just woke up from a nap, comes out of his room and heads straight for the pantry and gets out a Special K bar for me to open up for him. He loves these cereal bars and eats them whenever he can. I have to actually hide them from him so that he doesn’t eat an entire box full of them in one day. Anyway, that is not the point of the story, the point I am trying to make is that when he did this about four more times, it got me thinking about what his favorite things were. He’s two so what could possibly mean that much to him? Then it got me to thinking about what Jack’s favorite things were.
So I asked Jack to gather up all of his favorite things and bring them to me so we could take a picture. I also grabbed the things that I saw Alex carry around all the time or things he could not go to sleep without. This is what we came up with:
Jack grabbed a couple of his Transformers toys (two of which were Bumblebee… might have been a little power of suggestion on his Daddy’s part as to why a Camero is his favorite toy as well as his Daddy’s), a Star Wars Tawntawn (sp?)which again can be attributed to his daddy’s love of Star Wars, a dinosaur (his favorite animal since he first saw them), and his polar bear he just got from the San Diego Zoo. I think he did a pretty good job of grabbing his favorite things ,or at least representatives of his favorite things, as he has played with, talked about, or liked the majority of these things for a few years now. The bear I think he just put in there because it is new.
Alex was a little bit more on the softer side. He has a certain bunny he likes to sleep with every night. He calls him Bubby because he can’t say his n’s. He loves to sleep on his train pillow, which is actually Jack’s from Andy’s godmother Sigrid. He likes his turtle, which he got because it is the first real word he could say that we could understand. And he has a Special K bar in his hand because he cannot go a day without one. I suppose he could like worse things.
As for myself, I do like a lot of things and many I would consider on my list of favorites such as scrapbooking, card making, photography, and (newly added) gardening (this will be on my list until something doesn’t grow in which case it will become a least favorite), but my very favorite things are pictured with their favorite things above.
Everyone all at once… Aaaaaaah cute!! I know cheesy, but true.
2 comments:
Love it!!
Great idea!
Once we get moved I think I'll do the same thing. Of course I need one of those AWESOME chairs Jared got. HMM, you think Jared would let me have one now that I have space? ;)
They certainly could clear up the space at mom's house!
Post a Comment