Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hurricane Alex, the aftermath

Our garden is still doing really well; however, there has been a terrible and destructive force go through and it only hit our tomato plant. Alex likes to play by the garden and unfortunately he thought it might be fun to pull all the little balls off the tree. 013

So this is what he pulled off and unfortunately many of them were getting to the point where they were ready to turn red and be picked, but Alex go to them first. Naughty little baby. I was very sad especially since I had just read up on how to make the tomato plant stronger and how to prune it for better growth.

Not all is lost though because I have already seen some small tomatoes growing again on the vine and they seem to be growing rapidly. So here’s hoping Alex has learned his lesson and will leave the tomatoes and other vegetables alone.

1 comment:

Amaryllis said...

Fried Green Tomatoes!!!!!