Our garden is doing amazingly well. It always surprises me how much the plants grow when I don't see them for a couple of days. We are finally seeing our hard work pay off. The cucumbers are doing the best. I have two big ones and have seen several small ones starting to grow. I think the big cucumbers will be ready to pick in a day or two.

You can see how big the cucumber plant is getting. We had to fence it in because of this, but it has already grown through the fence in a couple of places.

This is one of the smaller cucumbers from one of the plants that we put in to replace the ones Alex had torn apart. You can see on the bigger plant in the picture below that there are two good sized cuc's ready to eat.

These are the first signs of sprouting that we have seen on our carrots that we planted. They are hard to see so I circled them. Can't wait for fresh carrots. They are one of the vegetables that my kids really enjoy eating.

I think that had I propped up my tomato plant when I first planted it would grow a little better, but it has several large tomatoes growing. I am just waiting for them to turn red. I also am pretty sure that Alex has removed more since the last time I caught him.

I told Jack that I needed him to measure the corn for me by standing next to it. It is getting ready to grow ears. You can see the stalks on top are making seeds.

I also used him to measure the growth of the sunflowers which, I swear have grown two feet since I saw them two days ago. The corn next to the sunflowers is still growing, but has yet to show any signs of producing ears. It is a different type of corn from the first one pictured. I think this one is sweet corn and the first one is silver corn. Either way they are doing really well.

I would have liked to show pictures of the strawberries and onions, but Alex has been doing a really good job of keeping those plants at bay. We actually had two fairly big strawberries growing that I was just waiting to turn red, but I found them squashed beside the sidewalk today when I went to water the plants.
I expect in about a month or so that we are going to have more vegetables then we can eat. Hopefully, we will be able to find people to give them away.
No comments:
Post a Comment